Otley, an independent town in its own right with a population of around 15,000, represents a superb opportunity for the establishment or relocation of any business, large or small.
- Manageable scale: the benefits of the quality of life of a semi rural town yet proximity (20 minutes drive or direct rail link from Menston) to the centre of Yorkshire's economic powerhouse of Leeds. Bradford and Harrogate are also easily commutable and within a similar range.
- Leeds/Bradford International Airport: is located within 10 minutes drive offering links to business destinations throughout the UK, including Aberdeen, Belfast City, Belfast International, Bristol, Edinburgh, Exeter, Glasgow, Isle of Man, London Gatwick (3 flights daily), Newquay, Plymouth and Southampton plus Dublin and a variety of European cities.
- Existing skill base and infrastructure: Otley's industrial and agricultural heritage (including the proud claims to be the home of the famous Wharfedale printing press and the birthplace of Georgian furniture designer Thomas Chippendale) result in an wide range of engineering, legal, financial and retailing skills available locally.
- Affordable and conveniently situated accommodation: both domestic, retail and commercial.
- Access to Wharfedale: with its various picturesque towns and various outdoor recreational opportunities.
- Otleys business community boasts all the services required to establish and sustain a new commercial venture including:-
- Accountants, advertising agencies, architects, banks, cleaners, engineers, financial advisors, haulage and transport contractors, HR/employment/H&S consultants, insurance brokers, IT/software/web design, legal, marketing and media, office suppliers, property and valuation surveyors, tax advice, plus a range of trades and craftsmen and associated suppliers.