Otley, an independent town in its own right with a population of around 15,000, represents a superb opportunity for the establishment or relocation of any business, large or small.
- Manageable scale: Otley benefits from enjoying the quality of life of a semi-rural market town yet is only a short drive or 20 minute direct rail link (from nearby Menston station) to the centre of Yorkshire's economic powerhouse of Leeds. Bradford and Harrogate are also easily commutable and within a similar range.
- Leeds/Bradford International Airport: is located within 10 minute’s drive offering links to business destinations throughout the UK including Belfast City, Guernsey, Jersey, London Heathrow, Newquay and Southampton plus Dublin and a variety of other European cities such as Amsterdam and Paris and any number of city break and holiday locations.
- Existing skill base and infrastructure: Otley's industrial and agricultural heritage (including the proud claims to be the home of the famous Wharfedale printing press and the birthplace of Georgian furniture designer Thomas Chippendale) result in an wide range of engineering, legal, financial and retailing skills available locally.
- Getting established: Otley’s business community boasts all the services required to establish and sustain a new commercial venture including accountants, advertising agencies, architects, banks, cleaners, engineers, financial advisors, haulage and transport contractors, HR/employment/H&S consultants, IT/software/web design, legal, marketing and media, office suppliers, property and valuation surveyors, tax advice plus a range of trades and craftsmen and associated suppliers.
- Affordable and conveniently situated accommodation: both domestic, retail and commercial.
- Access to Wharfedale: with its various picturesque towns and various outdoor recreational opportunities for life outside work.